Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm a Zumba FREAK!

OK, I know we've all seen the infomercials right?  We all know what Zumba is?  Latin dance and awesome Latin music combined with Aerobics.  It really IS fun!  I've had the Wii version for almost a year and like most things, I can count on 1 hand how many times I used it.  It sits with my Pilates, Yoga and the rest of my exercise DVDs.

I have friends who have invited me for AGES, OK months to go to Zumba class with them since it started back in June.  There was always some excuse or another and with it being Summer, I wasn't giving up my little bit of free time.  Finally about 3 weeks ago I gave in.  I realized winter was coming and I really have nothing that fits me.  I had to do something......ZUMBA!  I was really nervous but some of my 'sisters' went with me.  I started in the back row (and STILL hover there) and was worried about what people will think.  After that first class I felt empowered, rejuvenated, inspired.  I wasn't caring what other women thought, I WAS MAKING MYSELF HEALTHY!  I also found out that I'm not as out of shape as I thought I was.  So I have only been going for 3 weeks and I haven't missed a class yet.  I look forward to Tuesdays when we have our Zumba Class.  Other then Sundays (Church meeting nights) its the bright spot of my week!  I wish that the awesome instructor would teach another day also - I would SO be there!!!  The bonus of it all - THEY OFFER CHILDCARE!!!!  So not only am I getting out, my kids are too and hopefully its helping with Susan's shyness!


WANT TO JOIN THE ZUMBA FUN????  Here's the skinny:

(if you are local)
Where:  GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH (you don't have to be a member to go!)

When:  Tuesday nights Session 1 6:15pm - 7:15pm (HI Impact (but I do hi/lo mix))  WITH CHILDCARE
                                   Session 2 7:30pm - 8:30pm (Hi/Lo mix)  NO CHILDCARE

COST:  $1 for your VERY first session (if you need childcare $3 PER FAMILY)
             every other session is $3 ($5 per family with CHILDCARE)

Instructor:  Carla Henderson

If you want to go and have questions, please contact me OR Carla, you would also inbox her via Facebook to let her know!

1 comment: